So now that we’re officially into the heart of summer there’s a possibility that your skin is responding differently to the warmer weather.
Higher temperatures, higher humidity, increased time out in the lovely sunshine… your skin might be in need of a different routine from 3 or 4 months ago.
Quick Tips for summer skincare:
- Add some Rose Water into your daily routine and keep it in the fridge for a refreshing splash after you’ve been out in the sun! Rose water has anti-inflammatory and skin soothing properties plus it smells amazing! (I spray it in my hair too!)
- Turn down the heat in the shower! Just like during the cold winter months… hot water can continue to dry out your skin in the summertime.
- Up your water intake to stay hydrated! Dehydration does contribute to the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles so keep on drinking that H2O.
- If need be, reduce the amount of moisturizer you’re using. You may have to play around with this one to find the right amount… but if you’re skin is not as dry in the summer or your skin is appearing more oily…. try lightening up on how much product you’re using.
- Keep up with Exfoliation…. if you’re out in the sun “glistening” more (ie. sweating) or slathering on sun screen… remember to exfoliate to keep your pores free of gunky build up.
While you’re laying out by the pool, or sitting by the surf or taking a cruise down Crocodile Mile… think about what your skin might be needing with the warmer weather. And as always if you’re in need of some personalized, individual insight… you can email me at eastcoast.beauty at hotmail.com or message me on the Lookin Good Girl Facebook page…. just scroll down on the right hand side of our home page and click “Like” on the Facebook tab.[youtube:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_jwX86FpeI]