Winter has finally arrived here in New England and we have been having some frigid temperatures the past week or so. I went to my weekly 5:30 AM workout class a few days ago and it was 15 degrees when I started my car. *Ick* (I actually thought about how many extra calories I burned by shivering for 10 minutes as the car warmed up!). Fast forward a few more cold days with some wind added into the mix and my lips are suffering!
What prompted this post was that my lips actually started to hurt when I ate my dinner tonight and I realized it was time to do some research!
After looking at a couple of different sources…I realized: I hadn’t put moisturizer on my lips in almost 4 days because I lost my favorite lip balm in my bathroom. My water consumption has been noticeably reduced since last week (no good for several reasons!) and while at the same time I’ve been upping my game when it comes to salty and spicy foods.
So here are 4 quick tips for protecting your lovely lips during the colder weather months.
1) Go out and get yourself some lip balms and stick them in every jacket pocket, your purse and the car. Make it a priority to be using them multiple times a day. I have one from Kiss My Face that has SPF 15 (winning!) and has ingredients I know are safe! Do not go days without using your lip balm. #DoAsISay #NotAsIveDone
2) Get your water bottle(s) out and drink up! It’s good for your lips AND good for your skin because you’re much better hydrated. I have an app on my phone where I can track how much water I drink in a day and it can be very helpful to see how much I’ve consumed (or have not consumed).
3) I use my Apriori Eye + Lip Eraser every day and night but after having freezing temperatures and super windy days… I’ll be bringing out the coconut oil as a nightly treatment. I keep a jar in my bathroom ( I use it to remove excess eye makeup) and at the end of my face washing and teeth brushing… I’ll apply some of the oil all over my lips! *MUAH*
4) Spicy foods, salty foods and caffeine can all dry your lips out! I drink coffee and I douse a lot of my food with hot sauce. Am I going to stop doing this entirely. Nope- not a chance! However, knowing that my Starbucks and Crystal’s Louisiana Hot Sauce can be contributing factors to my lips screeching with pain when I eat…. I’ll be at least reducing my intake for a while.
And there you have it! 4 quick and easy tips to take care of your beautiful lips while Old Man Winter has in sight for a few more months!
If you’ve been considering joining Apriori Beauty as a new consultant… today would definitely be the day!
All day June 11th….. Apriori is offering free registration for all new consultants.
As an Apriori Beauty consultant you can build your own business to create extra or part time income sharing products you already love.
To learn more check out: Apriori Beauty Business
For the month of July Apriori Beauty is offering a wonderful opportunity to join the company as a new consultant.
For each new consultant that registers and adds a Full Sized Celloxylin Set or an All-In-One Set to their first order; the $79 Starter Kit fee will be dropped to $49 AND you get free shipping. And the other awesome part of this is that the following week you’ll receive your Consultant Commission on the products you ordered and you actually end up getting back your $49 fee (plus a little extra). So this means… that when you register as a new consultant and place your order with one of the two sets…. all new consultants are pretty much getting to start their business for free this month! Which is amazing.
If you’re not sure if becoming a consultant is right for you consider some of the following perks:
- There is convenient online ordering 24/7|365
- There are always 20% savings on monthly specials and Autoship offers
- Consultants receive 20-30% rebate on personal purchases and 20-30% commission on Client purchases — which are paid weekly
- You receive your own Consultant website — free with registration. Which means you can have clients from all across the country place orders through your site.
- You gain access to the Consultant Back Office — which includes training, tools, reports, resources, information, community and more to support your business-building efforts
- There is no monthly minimum order requirement and you don’t have to take on any backstock (unless you choose too).
- You remain an “Active Consultant” when you reach $150 in total sales once every 3 months (which is SUPER easy). Total sales includes what you order for yourself and what your clients order and it only needs to be $150 between everyone.
- When you purchase one of the two sets mentioned above you are automatically considered active because you met the $150 sales total. Each one of the sets is something that all Apriori Consultants can use for either their personal products or to use as business tools to sample their clients and showcase the product lines we offer.
- Consultants also get to be part of the Apriori Beauty community and can feel 100% confident in the integrity of the business itself.
If you have more questions please feel free to email me at eastcoast.beauty at hotmail.com or message the Lookin Good Girl Facebook page
And definitely check out all of the information on Apriori’s website…. Become a Consultant
Apriori Beauty is an amazing company, lead by amazing women and this month is the perfect time to join!
Some of the amazing Ladies I’ve met by having my Apriori Beauty Business
Just a quick reminder in case you haven’t cruised around all of the pages on Lookin Good Girl…. you have the special opportunity to receive a 3 day sample set of Apriori’s skincare line! This is outlined on The Products Page.
All you have to do is register to receive Apriori’s once a month email on product specials and First Friday Sales. Sign Up Here!
Benefits of signing up:
- Gain direct access to the monthly specials and 1 Day Events…. which means you can get your favorite products on sale!
- It’s FREE!!!
- Apriori does an amazing job of NOT filling your in-box with emails – just one a month with the details of the special or an email when we have a special promotion for a limited time.
- By signing up you’ll receive excellent customer service with Apriori and you can e-mail me directly anytime with your skincare questions!
Once you are registered I will send a follow up email with 3 quick skincare questions so I know which products to recommend for you unique needs.
PLEASE be on the look out for an email from eastcoast.beauty at hotmail.com within 2-3 days of when you register. Make sure to even check your “spam” email section.. just in case. And if you haven’t heard from me.. then by all means- EMAIL me!! I do my best to stay current with sending out samples but as we all know life can get super busy!
I love sharing Apriori and I would love for you to try these products on your beautiful face!
Photo Credit: Apriori Beauty LLC
Yesterday evening while I was going through my nightly beauty routine I realized I had extra Firming Complex left over from applying it to my face. At the same time that awesome song by Simple Minds; Don’t You Forget About Me popped into my head. I then started applying the extra Firming Complex to the back of my hands. Now, it’s not unusual for song lyrics to pop into my head… this happens on a pretty regular basis… but this time.. it made me stop and think “Hey, I should write about this!”
Any time you have left over products for your face- stop and think about what other areas could benefit from a little TLC. Maybe it’s your neck or your chest or like the other night I put highly concentrated nutrients on the back of my hands. The neck, chest, shoulders, arms and hands are all areas that benefit from skincare products. These areas are often missed in our daily skincare regiment but can be some of the first places you start to see signs of aging and sun damage!
If you’re taking care of your beautiful face and have some left over serum or moisturizer… go ahead and use it up! Anywhere you might be showing some skin in your favorite party dress or go-to warm weather top- think about spreading the love and your skincare routine to that area.